- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Aug 21, 2018
- [+] More Details
Double Commander Review
A review of Double Commander by Tina de Pierre
Double Commander is a very powerful file manager which makes Windows Explorer look like child's play. It is primarily used to browse data on different partitions -- like a backup drive and a live drive.
With Double Commander, you have access to tons of different tools, not to mention its lovely layout which makes managing and manipulating files a breeze. Each pane includes extensive details about files which are easy to read.
One of the advantages to using Double Commander is its support of many different file archive formats like ZIP, RAR, TAR.GZ, BZ2 and more. You can also use Double Commander to browse archives as if they were unpacked. It also includes a useful file comparison tool which allows you to view changes and difference between newer and older versions of a file.
In addition to several tools great for software developers and coders, Double Commander also provides a search feature which scans files by text, date, attributes and size. Double Commander also supports plugins for Total Commander.
The layout here is a dual-pane setup which looks similar to popular FTP clients like FileZilla or CuteFTP. It isn't necessarily for novice users who aren't using their system for advanced versioning and file comparisons.
Double Commander can batch rename files, create ZIP files, clone files and directories and highlight syntax.Double Commander features and highlights:
- Unicode support
- All operations working in background
- Multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface
- Custom columns
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives
- Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
Double Commander is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from file managers without restrictions. Double Commander 0.8.4 Beta is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This File management software is filed under:
- Double Commander Download
- Freeware File Managers
- Software Reviews
- Open source and GPL software
Compatibility with this File management software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of Double Commander may be available from Alexx2000.
We have tested Double Commander 0.8.4 Beta against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]